Sunday, 30 August 2015

Don't worry I won't spend any money!

Although I have been to sales before I have never bid. I had happened across an advert for a clearance sale of various bits and pieces and I caught my breath when I read that there were ceramic moulds for sale. I owned quite a few moulds many years ago - pre-children and I had the makings of a small business which was really taking off. But I chose to have my lovely family instead and any thoughts of a ceramic business were put on hold.  All my moulds were sold although I did keep my kilns as I knew that once they had gone I was unlikely to replace them as they are very expensive as they were mainly imported from The States.  Despite my excitement at finding the sale details I toyed with going-not going. I discussed it with my friends and they were amused at how excited I was! Even the night before the sale I still wasn't sure if I was going. The morning of the sale I was awake early and I took it as a sign! I don't really think that I really needed a reason.  Husband was still in bed and his parting words were 'Don't spend any money and don't bring back any moulds! You don't have time!' What harm can looking be? I awoke No 4 and off we went.

I registered and was given a number. It was ok as I wasn't going to use it. Clutching the particulars we walked around the sale like we knew what we were doing (not!)
There were sheds and sheds of moulds. I marked a couple of the lots that looked interesting. The sale started and the lots were not making much money. No I'm not bidding. This lasted for a good while and then I couldn't resist. I bought some ceramic accessories - small light fittings for Christmas trees and some decals. They were very cheap and then I bought some heavy duty tables for five pounds each. My heart was beating very fast at this point as I thought there is no way I could sneak those into my little car. Husband would have to come and collect them with his trailer.



2 comments:

  1. How fun. I haven't been to a sale like that since I was a kid. My mother took me to a few way back when. Now I'm wondering if you got those molds and called your husband to get them or if you passed on them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew you'd cave! lol Great to 'see' you Jille. How's baba?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!