The weather is so beautiful I feel my spirits lift with every ray of sunshine. Today I'm wearing a reclaimed dress which I bought from Newark antique fair. I think it's French in origin. I've dyed it purple because I don't really do the shabby white of yesteryear even though I recognize its beauty. It just doesn't suit me actually neither does bright white to be honest. Anyway since I've dyed it, I've sewn on a pocket using some vintage 60's fabric that I have and a couple of patches. They are totally unnecessary but I like them! I love my new old dress but I think Mr Cymraeg thinks it looks like a sack. Men! Although having just seen the photo of myself maybe he has a point. Oh well, I'm on holiday!
I love the colour you have dyed it and who cares whether it looks like a sack or not (I don't think it does!) it is comfort and pleasure that is the main thing and if it achieves both that is a plus in my book.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it looks like a sack at all. I think it looks cool and comfortable and I like the color
ReplyDeleteI think the dress looks very nice and I like your patch additions! My husband says silly things about my tastes in clothing too!
ReplyDelete