Sunday, 26 February 2012

After meeting work friends for breakfast and coffee yesterday, I wandered into town to pick up child no 1 who was 'hanging' as she put it after clubbing the night before.  Despite her initial protests I managed to persuade her to accompany me to here...

I'm not quite sure what I expected but there were about thirty different stalls selling mainly vintage clothing.  Lighting was poor as the venue was also a nightclub.  Now, I don't normally get excited about clothes shopping but this was soooooo exciting - rails and rails of vintage clothing - many of which I remember from the 80s (I'll not be going back there any time soon - I've still got the photos!)


 



I bought myself a dress from the 60s which I haven't photographed yet and Daughter bought two shirts with an 80s feel and I bought her a dress from the 70s.  All of which are in the washing machine at the moment.  I need to shorten daughter's dress, make her a belt and a matching headband with bow - should keep me busy for a while! My new dress is made from terylene and looks every bit as good as the day it was made! I'm not quite sure why but I have so wanted one made from this fabric!

1 comment:

  1. Makes me wish I hadn't chucked out so much stuff in the past....it would all be Vintage now! Your dress sounds interesting....can we see it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!