Last Saturday I went along to help at my jumble and saw this corner wall unit. I snapped it up straight away! I've hung it and husband hasn't even noticed! I'm also rather pleased with the wooden bunting that I've bought from Sainsbury too. I've also got some other 'tat' (as husband calls it!) to go on the shelves. The mirror belonged to my Nan and it's many, many years old - I've probably had it sitting in a cupboard for twenty five years and goodness knows how long she'd had it for!
On a different subject, the turkeys have started to lay. So I'll leave it a couple of weeks before I collect the eggs to incubate. We spent all day yesterday at the field, clearing the 'allotment' of stones and rubble. Farmer Jack has had the idea that we should plant potatoes so we're doing as we're told!
This time last year this area was very much overgrown, with weeds, brambles and years of neglect and flytipping!
We were also very lucky that we had help from our friendly neighbour...
It's very easy to forget how much has been done at the field. It does look very easy to get a machine in, but we had worked on that area for two weeks before he came in! It was so overgrown that one of the things found was a huge metal cattle feeder that was about six foot tall that hadn't been seen before!
Ooh, the corner unit looks so pretty with the bunting.
ReplyDeleteWow your shelf was a real find, I'd love one like that to fill up with my tat :0)
ReplyDeleteThe bunting is fab too, Ill keep my eyes peeled for some of that.
Kandi x