Monday, 4 June 2012

Meet fred!

Meet Fred the Red, a very handsome boy who has just moved in!  Over the last month we have lost nearly 50 chickens, first some to the dog, then 5 to an European Eagle Owl who had escaped and then on Saturday someone stole 15 chickens.  My initial reaction was to give up but after a good night's sleep I have decided to carry on.  My chickens give me such a lot of pleasure and always bring a smile to my face (except for the time when we had moved their house and they wouldn't go to bed!) so I don't want to give them up.
As I was perusing PreLoved last night I noticed that someone was selling a Rhode Island Red cockerel and having just lost Rhodey I contacted them first thing this morning.  I have put him in with the remaining ex-batts so hopefully he will quickly settle.

I've also got some eggs due to hatch later on this week and I've set some more this morning - three different pure breeds: light sussex, brown leghorn and silver laced wyandotte bantams.  Watch this space for an update!
I've received my parcel from my lovely swap partner Annie so will be back with photos tomorrow.  I am so delighted with my gifts that I can't wait to share them with you. Till tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I can't believe someone stole some of your chickens! That's crazy, what is the world coming too! I just wanted to pop in and thank you for joining in the Jar of Love swap, great to have you with us! Love Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no I can't believe some people, fancy stealing chickens! Glad you are not giving up though, if they give you pleasure xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!