Just a quick tutorial to make a knitted rose...
Use 3.25mm needles and cast on 80sts with a DK yarn. I always cast on with the thumb method because it makes for a nicer edge. Purl 2 rows. Then work 12 rows of ss beginning with a k row. Next row: (knit 2 tog) repeat to end. 40sts. Next row: (purl 2 tog) repeat to end. 20sts. Next row: (knit 2 tog) repeat to end .10sts. Leaving a long length of wool thread through the ten stitches. Pull up quite tightly and stitch to hold. (I always have the purl side outwards when I roll up the rose but this is preference - it has a different effect if you have purl side inwards). Roll up the rose starting at an end (making sure the two purl rows are at the top) and stitch along the bottom to secure. Hope this is not too confusing!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!