I love making gifts for friends and family and this Christmas has been no different...
I have made a covered notebook, sloe gin (this is always a favourite!), a rag wreath (tutorial to come very shortly), a gingerbread man hanger, Boxing Day chutney (an award wining recipe from Victoria Cranfield found
here) The beauty of this chutney is that it has no maturation time and can be eaten straight away! I also decorated a red hand towel with a mock belt and fur trim. Finally I made little snowman soup packages containing a candy cane, hot chocolate sachets and marshmallows. The cute headers for these can be found
here. Kate has an amazing site with cute printables some of which (like the snowman toppers) are free! Each year I seem to get later and later making my gifts despite my best intentions. I do seem to thrive on last minuteness...
I love all of the gifts you have made, next year i will be able to use my sewing machine and then i can join you!xx
ReplyDeletewhat nice gifts. I think handmade gifts are much better than anything you can buy in the store.
ReplyDeleteOooh, what lovely things you made!!!! The handtowel is particularly genius! My dear little sister made ALL her presents this year as she only got a Christmas job last minute and I was so impressed with what she made!!!!! (and last minuteness- oh yes,I know that one!)x
ReplyDelete