Friday, 11 July 2014

Elvis

I have been off work for almost three weeks now and will not be back before the summer holidays.  I was dancing to Transvision Vamp, baby I don't care when I heard something in my hip tear. There was horrendous pain and lots of heat. I tried to walk/shuffle but I thought I was going to pass out.  No 4 helped me to a chair where I settled and waited for husband to come home from work.  He made me phone the Nhs helpline and they wanted to send an ambulance.  NO! I live in a village and everyone can quickly know your business. Husband practically carried me to the car and I spent an evening in A&E. I was a bit of a mystery as I was clearly in lots of pain and yet it happened so simply. After an X-ray where they found it hilarious and nicknamed me Mrs CanCan I was finally allowed home providing I could prove that I could stand and also with very strong painkillers.  With all the effort I could muster I stood. I was determined not to stay in hospital overnight!
Now comes the long and painful recovery. I have started crafting again which has kept me sane. I hadn't intended to blog about this but it spilled out! If you remember previously I mentioned becoming a dancer, I had a text from my sister saying 'Elvis, your dancing days are over!' Clearly Elvis has left the building.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jille, that sounds painful, definitely time to hang up the dancing shoes, wishing you a speedy recovery and thank god for crafting xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's sounds ssssooo painful! Wishing you a full and good recovery! Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!