I know that I promised my jam recipe but my Mum will be looking at my blog tomorrow so I wanted to give her a 'field update'. Monday morning saw the contractor arrive. We weren't expecting him until Tuesday, so there goes any plans for more hedgerow pickings!

One of the hedges pre-haircut!

A short back and sides!

Some of the hedge was too thick to be machined so husband had to do his thing with the chainsaw and we had to load it into the trailer. We still managed a little time for fun!

And an enormous bonfire!
Wow... I have to say that I have never liked how the hedgecutters rip the hedges to tatters... seems so destructive... but I understand that having a hedge laid is expensive and time consuming... at least you can get on and get it fenced... I must go out and work out where the sloes are ... I have bottles ready for sloe gin making... so excited!
ReplyDeletex Alex