Tuesday, 7 December 2010

I have treated myself to the latest edition of Antiques and Homes. I was lucky to have a copy sent to me in the magazine swap with Lorraine and have become a fan. There was a lovely article by Mandy Shaw of Dandelion Designs - you know the the embroidery one that Kirstie visited last Christmas who has inspired me to make some more decorations (alas not this one!) There was a lovely picture of some vintage baubles hanging from a chandelier - I don't have a chandelier but I do have some vintage baubles! Here is my attempt at recreating it...it looks all shiny and kitsch in real life and although not normally my style (I love traditional!) I am really quite taken by it. It would look better tied with ribbons but I didn't have what I wanted so have gone with buttonhole thread! I am feeling even more Christmassy now that I have watched the second Kirstie and Phil Perfect Christmas! I liked the scarf that Phil made and it looked very easy hmmmmm....
Talking of Christmassy - the weather forecast is predicting more snow for us, as much as I love it, I'm hoping we don't have any until Thursday. The reason? It is my birthday tomorrow and I am hoping to meet a friend for lunch!
Also last week when the snowy weather arrived I had far too many of these...
and these......and I enjoyed them, but if I eat any more I will burst out of my clothes! And now, I shall leave you with that image!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, Happy Birthday Jille - hope you gets lots of lovely stuff - though you`re not doing too bad this week already! Imagine you and Hubby having birthdays in the same week! Loving the chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good birthday tomorrow :)

    I love the baubles hanging from the light - no good in my house - low ceilings & tall males!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday for tomorrow - hope the snow holds off so you can have your lunch out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jill, hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow with your friend. I bet the baubles look great in the evening with the light on.

    Oh smiley face biscuits - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea, the balls hanging from the chandelier! I wish I had a chandelier, I'd try it!

    Also, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!