Thursday, 17 May 2012

We were so excited about the turkeys, you wouldn't believe how I paced up and down to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Our joy was short lived, this morning I awoke to find all three turkeys had died.  The heat lamp (with new bulb) only worked for a week before blowing.  The poor poults couldn't survive without heat.  They were all fine at half eleven last night but at quarter to six this morning they were gone.  Unlike chicks they don't seem to have the instinct to huddle together. Last year we had no problems with the lamp and the bulb lasted the whole season. 
The turkey is still sitting on her eggs so hopefully she can do a better job than me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jillie, shall we set a date to post as it may help me to get my finger out!!! love Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame, hope the sitter comes through for you.
    Snowdrop is a beauty - and lovely chicks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!