When we arrived at the field the pigs came to greet us - we like to think that feel affection towards us although it's possibly the food bucket...
they soon succumbed to the heat...
Much to my surprise my bees survived my first winter with them and they too are enjoying the sunshine. There are a few bee keepers locally and last weekend I found a swarm of bees in the hedge, so I carefully transferred them into my spare hive (I had little idea of what i was doing but it seems to have worked!)
We decided to let the ex-batts out of their pen for the first time. One of them is very brave and thought she could hitch a ride. They are still looking scruffy although they are slowly gaining more feathers and their yolk colour is much richer than when they first arrived.My blog is definitely changing direction, the only thing I make these days is a mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!