Thursday, 10 May 2012

Where exactly has the time gone? I can't believe that it is three weeks since my last post.  Everything fieldwise has settled down.  The turkey hens have gone broody and the poor stag doesn't quite know what to do with himself!
Rhodey has begun to crow again after coming to terms with the loss of his tail feathers - we are delighted with this as he is one of only three chickens left that we hatched last year and to be quite honest he was in a bit of a state after being badly mauled. No 4 and I often make up our own words for things, it amuses us, for instance we say that the cockerel is joyful which is a lovely way of saying that he is being particularly attentive to his wives. This of course gives a whole new meaning at Christmastime when the faithful are joyful and triumphant!
We also have another broody hen so we'll see where this leads us - hopefully to chicks this weekend but who knows?
And last weekend we had some new chicks on the block.  Out of a clutch of twelve eggs eight have successfully hatched.

We also have turkey eggs in the incubator so hopefully they will hatch too.  Meanwhile I've started working full time - two days teaching in one school and three days teaching in another! And the jobs couldn't be more opposite - Foundation Stage (or reception in old money) and post 16.  I barely have time to sleep at the moment.  I'm off to a meeting now so am going to post this without spell checking! That's just how frivolous I feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!