Friday, 4 October 2013

I have recently been given an exciting variety of goodies. They belonged to an elderly neighbour.
 
There is something nice about tins. This tin came with some interesting sewing machine feet.
 A candlestick holder that looks good on my kitchen windowsill.
 I have a love of books and especially old ones.  They are just so interesting.
 This book came with the original patterns still inside!
 I also had a wooden box that was full of old threads
I just love the fabric in these curtains.  They are very narrow but I'm sure that they will come in for something!
 These ones too!
I'm sure she would be happy to know that her things have gone to a home that love them.

4 comments:

  1. oh my what great stuff you got. There is nothing quite as fun as getting old treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. I love vintage things. I can remember eating Barnips as a child. I wonder if they still make them.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbins, bobbins!! I love wooden bobbins but they are so hard to come by. You're such a lucky lady to find a whole box of them.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of wonderful goodies I can't wait to see what you use the curtain fabric for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!