Here is the first square completed. I have deviated slightly from the instructions! I have done some small running stitches around the seaside fabric as quite frankly bondaweb alone just isn't enough in my opinion. The instructions were good and there are other project ideas included.
It does work out to be quite expensive but I don't smoke, rarely drink and don't have a daily McDonald's coffee (or even weekly!), so felt I could justify the cost as it really does make me terribly happy! And anyway knowledge does not come cheaply and the supplies are included in the £3.99 charge. My next two issues arrived in the post yesterday so will keep you up to date with my progress. I have sewn for many years and so far I have the skills that are necessary to finish this quilt. I'm really hoping that this series of magazines will keep me focused enough to complete a project! It also helps that I would really like to make this for my son. He has gone away to sixth form college and I miss him terribly. I also know that he has been terribly homesick. It is early days for both of us. He has never been very demonstrative with his emotions but he now puts kisses at the end of his texts to me. He will be home this weekend and I can't wait - only five more sleeps in fact.


Oh, those kisses on the texts mean so much, don't they?He'll be fine once he settles in. Wait until he leaves home for good,meets a girl,gets married, has a child (not necessarily in that order!). Now that's all hard to get used to but completely necessary.
ReplyDeleteLove your wee project.x