Monday, 11 November 2013

Autumn

I am feeling the love for Autumn, the colours are always so lovely. Maybe it's having red hair that attracts me to the autumnal colours.  This house looked gorgeous with all the different colours so I very cheekily knocked on the door and asked if I could collect some from school. Well they are going to drop very soon anyway!
So I collected quite a few and was very pleased with them all.
A pile of leaves always needs a little friend to hibernate amongst, so I duly set about knitting a little hedgehog.  Just the right size for little hands to squish!
I also wanted to talk about the berries on the trees and shrubs at this time of year.  One little boy likes to eat anything and everything that he finds so real berries were not to be. So I made some!
I also took in the little robin that I made previously so that I could explain that berries are for the birds!
As part of this mini topic we went for a walk through the woods.  We were so lucky with the weather as it there had been torrential rain for a good few days.


The remains of a Halloween trail could still be seen... 


How lucky am I to have such a wonderful job?

2 comments:

  1. That house sure is colorful with all the fall leaves.
    It's nice to have a job that you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little knitted makes and that house does indeed look beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Christmas swap. You have been partnered with Dorothy''s Room - more details and links etc on my blog. Happy swapping!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!