Saturday, 9 November 2013
What to cook for tea?
We are well into the football season now, so every Saturday is spent shouting words of encouragement from the side-line at No 4. It was cold and wet today, so instead of calling at the supermarket for something for tea, we came straight home. Which left me with a dilemma...what to do for tea. Please don't think for one minute that my cupboards are bare, nothing that we had inspired me. Then there was a knock on the door and our neighbour had brought some lovely potatoes that they had grown. Woohoo! Then as we went to shut the animals in for the evening another neighbour called with a brace of pheasants. Woohoo! Woo!
So this evening we have had pan fried pheasant breasts in butter with added cream and brandy with rustic chips. And I must say it was delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can I come & live with you? Lol x
ReplyDeleteFantastic -I love making something from nothing and for nothing!What a posh tea you made! Hope the brace was plucked for you - the smell when you do it is disgusting!Have a good Sunday.x
ReplyDeletewell obviously my neighbors are slacking for I have not had one of them bring me anything....lol
ReplyDelete