Saturday, 4 January 2014

I can't believe it!

Well the decorations are down. I've really enjoyed them this year and whilst normally I am desperate to pack them away on Boxing day, this year I wasn't. Although by my reckoning I now have less than eleven months to put them all back up again!

I haven't just been taking decorations down, I have also been busy crafting. It's not a New Year's resolution because I am not making any, however I am going to try and use up my crafting stash which quite frankly is obscene. I would also like to finish some projects which have been a work in progress for more years than I care to admit. Take this one for instance, Husband bought it as a Christmas present for me ten years ago, although it could even have been twelve. Hmmm. I got off to a great start and probably completed half of this rug was completed in no time at all. It's not a quick project and I suppose I got a little bored. So every now and then I would do a little more and then shove it away again. No 4 discovered in the back of her wardrobe, I felt it was quite safe there as she never tidies up and certainly never hangs anything up. Until a week ago. So for these last few days I kid you not I have done some serious hooking. She has also done some of it too. I did my last bit of hooking last night, and tonight I've sewn in the edges.  I cannot believe that it is finished.

Seriously I am more chuffed than a chuffed thing. Even more seriously I am never, NEVER doing another rug. Not ever. 

9 comments:

  1. And well chuffed you should be - it's so sweet! Well done you :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many crafters saying that they are working on using up their stashes this year. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who hoards craft supplies...lol
    I had a few of those latch hook kits back in the day and they gave you something to do but I didn't really enjoy doing them. congrats on finishing that one. I never knew what to do with them once they were finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great achievement and a brilliant start to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only hooking I have done was as a child when we all helped to make a rug made out of yarn oddments. That took years as all the yarn (as we got some more) had to be cut etc. Have thought about starting another, but what the heck, life is so full of other crafts I don't think I will ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jille this is just adorable - my husband found a rug he had started many years ago but another member of his family had finished it off for him - we found it in the loft this year and I have put it on the floor as it is so cute. Your rug will be an heirloom for your family so well done you - I know that I have not got the staying power needed to complete such a fabulous project, wish I had but I know my limitations so you must be extra proud of yourself. Big well done hug Jille
    All my love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the rug! And good luck with using up your stash, I find doing this quite fun as it makes you more creative I think.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done to you Jille, it doesn't matter how long it took what is important is that you did it!

    I've never latch hooked a rug but had a vague notion of doing a small one for interest this year. However your post has both inspired and deterred me as it maybe is one of those long projects that I am not goo at as I like my crafts to be quick wins.

    I'm sure you'll love seeing this in use tho' now that it is all completed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must feel amazing to have finally finished it. Im hoping to plough through my stash this year too I have to make room and hopefully save a bit of cash this year too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jille, First thanks for popping by and for your good wishes and secondly thanks for making me feel far less guilty about the quilt and the crocheted blanket which seem to have been hanging around forever. Congratulations you deserve to be well and truly chuffed, and well done for drafting in a bit of help! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!