This week's 52mmm challenge came in the form of a story sack that I have made for one of the amazing support staff that we have in the Foundation Stage. Now that she has completed her training and is no longer on student pay, the school can not afford to pay her the going rate, which means that she will be moving on to pastures new. This is a picture of the story sack that I have made for her.

As you can see in this picture I also bought some Old MacDonald masks that are available from
here. I love the
resources that you can buy from Sweet Counter, they are especially good at shows where you can buy just single items instead of the class packs that they sell online.

I have been meaning to show you this for a while. I can't help myself when it comes to fabrics, wools, haberdashery, sewing machines... So it will come as no surprise that I just couldn't resist buying this beauty...


One of the appeals for me is that it looks and smells old. It has been well used and I can only imagine the history that it may have. Even more exciting was that when I opened the case I saw a little box inside.

I eagerly opened the box and look what I found inside!

It is the instruction manual, very battered and dog eared but still there!

I also found the key! Happy days!

Along with the pleasure comes the pain...I'm also trying to get my head around blogger, so that i can be organised and have labels on my post. Long overdue methinks, but at least I'm having a go now. It would all go well if I wasn't
quite so special!
So sad that the school can't afford to pay her..after her time there!But im sure she will love your story sack..and treasure it for years...and maybe one day take it in to show her children in her own class!
ReplyDeleteOMG...what a gorgeous piece of history..are you going to use it or just display it!
it was only yesterday..i was given a sewing machine..and i thought that was old...lol it has the old 2 prong plug..lol
Thanks for sharing...hugs clare xx
please could you email me your address.... c.wilkinson102@btinternet.com
Ty speak soon hugs clare xx
What a great find - and still with the key - Amazing!
ReplyDeleteOh Jille that sewing machine is so lovely and well done you for saving it!It reminds me of the one my mother used to sew all our clothes on a long time ago and I have had one or two of them in my time but stupidly gave them away when we moved to a smaller house.
ReplyDelete