Friday, 19 November 2010

I am pleased to say that my gifts for the Secret Stocking swap have found their way across to the other side of the world...
the stocking was made with a felted woollen blanket, upon which I redworked and beaded a Christmas tree.

Inside the stocking I sent a handmade heart with hand painted gingerbread man, some chocolate coins and a gingerbread lip salve. Sarah is really talented and makes such lovely things that I really worried about this swap! Now having seen the photos on her blog she is also a brilliant photographer too(they are far better than mine!)! Although I must say even I am quite impressed with my stitchwork! I love blogland and it is so nice to meet such lovely people through swaps - however it feels slightly odd that Sarah is typing away on Saturday whilst we are still on Friday...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jille, just been to Red Gingham to see her swap pressies and what a great haul you sent to her. I love your Xmas Stocking, especially the beaded tree on it with the pretty red gingham basket. What a nice and thoughtful touch for her. I`m worried about swapping with Amanda over at Amanda Makes for my latest swap because she is an excellent craftsperson. I couldn`t possibly match her so I`m just going to bite the bullet and send her what I`ve made anyway. Fingers crossed she likes it!Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for your thoughtful comment Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know that my stocking was a blanket that you felted. I love felted blankets made into things. Did you make the little gingerbread man as well? Your parcel was such a treat for me and I am very grateful to you. And I really don't think my photos are any better than yours! Thanks for a wonderful surprise swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stocking swap and perfect for Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stocking - beautiful beading :)

    Where did you find the coloured coins??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!