Saturday, 22 May 2010

If you have read any of my previous posts you will realise that I have four children. I have three teenagers who sometimes act like...well, teenagers! I also have an eleven year old trainee teenager! We have our battles as you can imagine, and some days I really, really am not all that keen on children! But I have to say that sometimes I am incredibly proud of my children...

Last week as my eldest daughter was leaving the library after a long day of studying (too little, too late some would say! ;) ), she saw someone lying on the ground. There was no-one else about and she initially thought that they were maybe drunk. But then she realised that it was an old man who had fallen, she approached to help him. He was confused, but she insisted that she called an ambulance. She waited with the man reassuring him and taking off her newly bought cardigan she stopped the bleeding with it. A crowd gathered but she remained by his side, when the ambulance arrived, the crowd dispersed leaving her with the old man and the ambulance staff. We don't know what happened to this 93 year old man, but I do know that her kindness may have even saved his life.
So as much as some days I could quite cheerfully strangle the lot of them, there are many, many more days when I am overcome with love and proud to be their Mum. I don't always say it enough, but it is so true.
I realise that this is a long and wordy post but I started this blog to record my life and my children are very much part of my life. If you have made it to the end of the post thank you for staying. (Brace yourselves, I have another three children I need to blog about yet!)

9 comments:

  1. No wonder you are so proud !!
    I don't comment much on my childern because I know it's not what others are really interested in.But when something special like this happens I think it deserves a mention.
    Nice to record it for yourself too.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely story. Parenting is so very hard and all we can do is our best. When your teen does something as thoughtful as your daughter, you know your best has turned out better than you could have ever imagined ... :0)

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely daughter you have! Shows what lovely parents she must have also to turn out so well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be proud! Of yourself, too, after all, who brought your daughter up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely post, you should be proud of your daughter and should definitely give yourself a pat on the back for great parenting too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right to be proud, what a great thing to do, I bet the old gentleman appreciated it too, great girl.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic girl. She will have made a very scary situation into something far more bearable for the old gentleman. I'm sure his family must be so grateful to her as well. You're quite right to be proud of her. It was nice to see you over at Amanda Makes! Thank you for stopping by. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done to Miss LTC... you have every right to be proud and tell the whole world about it.. she kept a cool head and dealt with a scary situation... big hugs to you both...

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must feel so proud. Love reading about family life, it is so real!!!And lots of treasured moments! Have a great weekxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!