Saturday, 8 May 2010

I've had a busy day today, helping at the jumble sale. I've been helping regularly now for about 14 or 15 years, every month. Sometimes I bring home more than I've taken, but as I'm trying hard to declutter my life I only bought a couple of bits today. I liked this small oil lamp because it was old... I've wanted a set of these for ages...
...they are especially nice because they are hand embroidered and still in their original box.
I bought this for my cousin, I would really like this for myself but I don't have an open fire. I have managed to sneak in some artificial roses which I have put around the mirror in the living room, but putting this beautiful embroidered firescreen in front of an electric fire would be a step too far...
I also bought this, I thought I may use it as a vase in the kitchen...
I did buy a couple of other bits but my camera ran out of battery.
I always feel like I've had a day out when I've been to the jumble (yes, I know, I should get out more!) Over the years I've had quite a few bargains, although I'm also still looking for that bit of junk that is going to make a million!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I do love a Jumble sale, although they are few and far between where I live. But I do love my afternoon stint in the CS, I always come home with a bargain.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What super finds! That horlicks jar is fab. We had a trawl round three carboots last weekend and I still didn't find anything that perfect.... must keep looking. Not sure I can wait 14/15 years though ;o) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there
    I've only just spotted you are 'lincolnshire'. Where is this jumble sale, I want to come!!
    You have some lovely pieces. What would you have found if you were full on shopping?
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing jumble sale. Your goodies are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds !!! love them all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little oil lamp, its beautiful

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness me... thats good stuff for a jumble sale... love the fire screen... Mr P wants to rip out the coal fire and put in an electric one.. I lit it last night as it was glum and chilly all day and I am not sure his idea is the best now... it was so cosy... its dirty and a pain in the rear to clean out but very cosy! lol

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely finds!
    Well Done you!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!