Sunday, 30 January 2011

It's been a busy week, lots of field related stuff going on! On Monday we went along to the Fresh Start Pig Academy. The organisers received a huge response and selected the most suitable candidates. Luckily we were amongst the successful. We now begin the official course with a 'walk through the food chain' in two weeks time. I've also signed up for a beekeeping course. I finally plucked up the courage to stop a man in the street. It wasn't any old man - it was the 'bee man!' Well as luck happens he is running a beginners bee keeping course. Yesterday we went somewhere to find out about making a compost toilet. How exciting and Husband is convinced too! Whilst we were there we also made friends with a peacock... Composting toilets were not all we discussed, we looked at hedge laying, the best trees to plant for a small wood and how to make a pond. We have so much to learn...

No 4 went to visit her friend Charlotte and came away with some new earrings. Charlotte's Mum has got the 'making bug', and has made these gorgeous earrings...
I love them!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds all good fun...your going to bee busy...lol
    I so love those earrings..so cool!

    Thanks for your lovely comment hugs Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hedge laying sounds more me than Bee Keeping, I don't take very kindly to being stung. Have fun though. Love the earrings
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!