I've always had a soft spot for Woman's Weekly. My Nan always had it and I remember flicking through the pages as a young girl! I love the crafts specials that they produce throughout the year so I was particularly excited when I saw this in Asda this morning...

Lots of things to do...

including some Easter amigurumi (although quite frankly I could have crocheted a dozen of them in the time it has taken me to spell the word!)

a beautiful scarf which takes just one ball of wool (although it does cost £9.99 per ball)

some freestyle circle cushions...

a pretty felt needle case

some pretty felted alpaca wool hearts

I need a cup of tea now to plan my next projects!
I can't spell it either - I'm just gonna call them crocheted toys - it's so much easier lol!!!
ReplyDeleteI am more of a magazine browser in the shops - if I can see inside I will first before I buy but magazines have got wise to people like me lately and wrap up the blinkin things in plastic now! Grrrr!
Thank you for getting involved with my discussion yesterday - it's really interesting to hear everyone's viewpoint! :)
My mum used to get all her knitting patterns from Womans Weekly. I always read The Robin Family, all about Rowena Robin!
ReplyDeleteWomans Weekly it must be getting on a bit now my Mum used to buy it as well, it does seem to be keeping up with the trends though.
ReplyDeleteplastic covered mags how I hate them.
Thanks for picking me out for the book :) should I use the same list to pass it on ?
Cate x
nothing like a magazine full of wonderful projects to get you going.
ReplyDeleteHi, thanks for leaving a message on my blog! I'm new to all this and a bit shy.... Love the felted hearts and your old sewing machine is gorgeous. I will enjoy reading your blog :o)
ReplyDelete