I have recently been bitten by the auction bug. I've always liked the idea but the bidding business scared me. I have got a pending post of my very first auction, it's only been lurking for over a year. Maybe I'll dust it down one of these days. Anyway I went off to Melton livestock market the other week and bought some hatching eggs. I managed that with no problems. I made the mistake of taking Numbers 1 and 4 with me, quite the lethal combination at the best of times. They went off together and before I knew it they had ground me down into buying a rabbit. No 1 had even found a hutch on preloved! We waited patiently whilst other rabbits sold and finally it was our turn. I stood back for a moment whilst two other bidders battled it out before stepping in and scooping the prize! Whilst that is completely true, the reality was that my insides were somersaulting, my knees knocking and my hands shaking! It is instant payment at the auction and when I tried to pay my hand was shaking that much I needed to use the other hand to steady it and lean my wrist against the table. All of this whilst trying to remain cool and unaffected. Phew! I don't really think that I have pulled it off too successfully.
Ps to those who know me in 'real life' husband still doesn't know about our new bunny otherwise there may have been a bit of a stew!
Ha ha, this is so funny!!! How cute- wish I had a bunny! It was bonding over a large white bunny rabbit that brought my husband and I close together!x
ReplyDeletewell that bunny is far too cute to wind up in a pot of stew ....lol
ReplyDelete