Thursday, 21 August 2014

Just being

My daughter sat two of her GCSEs early. It's what happens at her school.  We are very proud of her , we were anyway,  it's not easy being profoundly deaf in a hearing world. She achieved a B in English literature which is amazing considering she had no language at all until she was five. New words still often pass her by. Early testing at school showed that she was an outlier on their little box and whisker plot. 'Those sort' rarely catch up. Well she has and I am bursting with pride when I look at her. Amazing amazing child. Clearly follows her mother ;-) Once again my blog has lead me into something I hadn't planned on posting. This little rambling was clearly there just bubbling away ready to be told. I have brought her for lunch with her closest friends. She has chosen her friends well because she is accepted fully by them for who she is. If she doesn't hear they make sure she understands. I have been banished to another table.  That is fine as I can be here and just be. It gave me chance to catch up with a little hooking.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to your daughter. What a wonderful achievement. She has a bright future ahead of her! Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bravo to her, clever girl!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. proud mamma moments are worth shouting or blogging about :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations & very well done to your daughter! Happy weekend :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your Daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!