Sunday, 12 February 2017

A Jumble sale delight!

Yesterday I hinted at my most favourite purchase! It is the best piece of kitchenalia that I have bought in a long time, possibly ever.  An elderly lady gave it to the jumble as her eyesight is failing and she can no longer see the item to use it properly. It's a pyrex rolling pin which dates back to the 50s/60s. Until recently it has still been in use. That sounds like a lot of pastry!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jilly they are brilliant. You put ice cubes in the middle to keep the pastry cold. I picked up two at a jumble sale and then inherited my mums as well. Mine are in regular use too. Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia, I can't wait to use mine. It's been a whole since I did any proper baking as our oven was on its last legs cooking things way to hot or not cooking at all. I have just had a new one, so no excuses now!

      Delete
  2. Just what I have been looking for. Just started following you Jille will read through your archives xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is an element of luck and patience! I hope you find one too. Thank you for following me, it's always good to find like-minded people xx

      Delete
  3. What a great find. I've never seen a rolling pin like that one before. Mine is wood and hasn't come out of the drawer where it lives in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably means that the foods you eat are not pastry wrapped! Surely that's a good thing. I've tried healthy once.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!