This evening I was delighted to find the new Cath Kidston Spring collection on my doorstep. It's always best to flick through it with a cup of tea and a biscuit. Best china of course. I do love the look of the clothes but I'm not convinced the quality warrants the price despite their prettiness. I like the bargains to be had from the factory outlet near St Neots. Anyway I shouldn't torture myself by looking at clothes as I'm trying very hard not to buy any. I have so far resisted this year, although I have bought tights. I don't think they count really, especially when you catch them on the zip of your boots and they tear!
The items that I liked the most were the new duck china and tea cosy. I do have a soft spot for our ducks, such characters. I can't wait for Defra to lift the ban so that they can free range once more.
The other item that I really liked was the Billie vase.
Both the photos have been taken from the CK website.

As far as I can find out there are no Cath Kidston stores in Canada which should make me sad but I'd probably be sadder if there were and then I couldn't afford to buy things. I did find a CK mug in a matching tin at a garage sale last year. Of course I bought it. Must have been a gift sent from overseas. Imagine getting rid of it!!!
ReplyDeleteTo be fair the quality of Cath Kidston is not what it once was but it is still very pretty to look at. I still would be reluctant to get rid of any though!
DeleteCute items. I've started to be more of a window shopper than an actual buyer. I guess I've come to realize that I just don't need any more stuff. I still like to look though
ReplyDeleteI think that's where i'm at now too. I am slowly sifting through my belongings and only keeping the things that make me truly happy.
DeleteI LOVE Cath Kidston! I've never bought anything full price from there to wear (grr. apart from one dress which I don't like!) usually in the sale, but I've ended up with dresses for Christmas presents or birthday from my relatives from there. They are deeeeeeeefinitely too expensive!
ReplyDeleteI too have only bought one at full price and it arrived through the post in a tiny postage bag and was so creased it looked like a rag. So yes, way too expensive!
Delete