Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Tonight I am chuntering

I am feeling fed up tonight.  My cooker and hob have now been broken for two weeks, well to be total accurate 15 days.  For the last week I have been cooking for 6 on this...

Tonight I have gone to cook tea to discover that the gas canister has been forced into the burner and damaged.  Worse than that the burner is damaged too, every time a canister is put in, the gas leaks.  I am cross beyond words.
I've deleted my words many times, but actually it makes me sad that no one can be arsed to do anything in my house. It's much easier to step around or over something rather than pick it up. Yes I could frill up my words a little but tonight I am really hacked off.  My kitchen is yet to be completed despite being started ten years ago, my bathroom was started 12 years ago.  If it was the television that was needing fixed, ta-dah it would be done.  It's quite possible I could be hiding bodies under the patio, make no mistake death will be swift and most certainly be through insertion of a remote control!
 Things wouldn't have been quite so bad but I'm getting up earlier to make bread and set it on the timer so that it is ready when we get home.  This evening when I got home to no smell of bread cooking I noticed that some bright spark had unplugged my bread maker to  plug in MY iPod. At least I had started a trifle before work, just needed to add double cream and decorations.
 
Now in true Nigella style I am taking it along with the largest spoon I can find to bed.
Normal blogging will resume tomorrow, when I can focus on frills and flowers and completely blot out other bits from my life.
 

9 comments:

  1. oh dear, sorry to hear your problems. I would "get a man in" to finish things off if I were you.Hope you enjoyed the trifle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor you Jillie. What a catelogue of disasters. Hope today is a lot better. Oh and leave the remote control well alone... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a good rant!

    How about this.....put on a load of washing on Thursday but was really busy in and out, hubby away and running the business, half term, DD14s birthday...suffering a bad cold and basically put DD3 to bed and went to bed myself (where I stayed for 2 days!)...on monday I noticed a basket of washing hanging about.....yes! It was the one that I had washed on Thursday which MY HUSBAND!!!! had taken out of the machine so that he could do 2 more loads of washing...and dry them in the dryer BUT couldn't be arsed to put in the washing that I had started to get it dry and out of the way...I wasn't so much angry as in a state of utter disbelief!

    I have been tame in the telling of this story for fear of offending! I feel your pain!

    If you do make it to Horsham....I'll treat you to a pot of tea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man that's horrid!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr, to the inconsiderate family!!! I send you happy thoughts! Enjoy the trifle!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delegate,delegate,delegate!Hope things are better today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like something that could happen around here.
    Tell me why is it that if someone outside the house were to ask men for help they are right there but when you ask them it's always "yeah, I'll get to it"
    Hope things are better tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sorry but your trifle made me giggle out loud. I feel your pain really I do I have four teenage sons and a 14 stone toddler (my husband) so most of your grievances are ones I have often.
    Chin up lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to point out that I hoovered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you may live with teenagers, like me. I don't know where you live, but I'm surprised you can't hear me yelling about being the only bloody person in the house who can be arsed to do anything. Like the other ladies here have said, unfortunately we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!