Sunday, 17 February 2013

Some of my jumble goodies!

As far as jumbles go, the one that I went to yesterday was disappointing. I've been helping at the same jumble for over 18 years and I have seen a lot of 'helpers' come and go, but we currently have a few people who come to help set up and leave before the jumble opens. This isn't in the spirit of things, one of the perks of helping has always been that you can buy the odd bit before the jumble starts, but yesterday there were that many people just there to rummage it left me quite sad. I do understand that a £1 is a £1 wherever it comes from and a charity benefits no matter what. As someone that stays for the public scramble, I felt justified in buying a couple of things before the jumble started and quite a few more when it had ended... twenty pounds I spent and I'm quite chuffed with all my bits and bobs!
One of the things that I managed to buy were these old  coathangers - clearly they were an open and shut case...

aren't they cute?
There were some magazines...
this book that I fancied reading, clearly it was a good choice because No 1 tried to
hi-jack it!
This lovely fabric, it feels like a heavyweight t-shirt fabric, so I'm thinking of a Summer top...
I also managed to buy a selection of different coloured cotton shirts.  I need these for a workshop that I'm running next month.
This one I wouldn't have chosen but I saw this little label and couldn't resist!
 
Most of them have been cut up and put into a neat pile ready to use...
 Of course I wouldn't waste the buttons...
or the label!
I managed to buy a Singer Pressomatic sewing machine, but No 1 has gone across to Wales and has taken it with her so that my lovely sister can service it for me, so no photo at the moment. An online search has brought back quite a few websites that look German which reminded me that the sewing machine had a continental plug fitted, it all makes sense now!  I also bought a Yamaha keyboard complete with stand, but that has gone across to Wales too, to my lovely niece.  I am expecting a concert the next time I come across!
I wanted to show you my purchase that I am particularly excited about but Blogger just won't upload my photo despite trying three times, so maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Still planning to steal the book. Having your tooth done gives you chance to get it read before I am home! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great haul of jumble! I haven't been to one for years - they seem to be a dying breed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you got some great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!