Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Being Thankful

When I went to the fields this morning our neighbour had called and brought the broken pallets that can't be re- used. We were running low on wood so they were much needed. We were much better organised last year but this year not at all.

Once I'd fed and watered the animals I decided to get the axe to chop some kindling. I could only find the big axe so undeterred I threw that about instead. I'm paying the price for it now as my shoulders and upper arms are beginning to stiffen! The sun came out and as I paused I looked round to realise how lucky we are. Sometimes in the midst of throwing a large axe it's good to take stock and be grateful for what we have. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of pallets. Hope the shoilder feels better quick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! We are very lucky to have the arrangement that we do! Shoulder is much better today thank you, just the signs of old age!

      Delete
  2. We're ploughing our way through the wood pile this year too! Can't remember having the log burner on so much last year. Your little plot looks lovely, lots of work no doubt. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either but we are certainly needing it lit at the moment. We have 25 acres in total, a bit too much to maintain really with us both working full time. xx

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!