I'm pleased to be back blogging and that I have made a decision to cool it with Instagram for a while. That's not to say that I won't visit IG at all, it's just that it has never gladdened my heart like blogging has. 2017 so far is like meeting up with an old friend! I have also discovered new blogs along the way. I've not been brave enough yet to join in with 5 on Friday but I do visit some of the blogs that have linked up. This week one of the blogs that I visited has prompted me to finish knitting a scarf that I started last year. You can find my inspiration here. Annie has just finished a beautiful blue scarf!
My pattern is for the hitchhiker scarf that I bought from Ravelry a while back. Pattern here. This is the fourth one that I am making. I have selfishly made one for myself in autumnal colours, also a brightly coloured one for No 1 and a smaller matching version for my little granddaughter which, let me tell you, is sooooo cute! This one is for No 2 but my list to make this scarf will still not be complete as I need to make one for No 4. Phew! It's good that I'm back into knitting! Apologies for the photo, I'm in my pyjamas at 6pm on a Saturday evening. So rock and roll!
A long time ago, back in August 2012, I did a swap with you "All things British", do you remember that one? I was looking back on all my blog posts and came across it! How time flies! Most of my followers have given up on their blogs, glad to see some are still going! x
ReplyDeleteIt's been touch and go for a while but I'm back now.I had forgotten about the swap until you reminded me. Time has passed so quickly x
DeleteRe the Swap, my blog was called Rosa Lily back then, its now Thread and Ginger :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you told me that, thank you! x
DeleteI rarely post anything on my instagram. I prefer the blog. That scarf is really pretty
ReplyDeleteMost of my 'real' friends love to instagram but I never liked the changes that were made in the name of progress and have slowly drifted.
DeleteLovely to hear you will be blogging more again. The scarf looks really pretty and I love how it matches your PJs in colour!
ReplyDeleteIt feels lovely to ge back! Ibwould be telling a fib if I saidthe colour coordinating was intentional!
DeleteHi Jille. Tried to get a message to you, but don't know if you received it. I have a little parcel waiting to post to you but don't have your address. Can you email it to letterbox@winnibriggshouse.co.uk. Thank you
ReplyDeleteBtw love the scarf, what pretty colours. Jenny xx
Nice scarf! I wish I knew how to knit or crochet but I never did learn and now my hands have arthritis. Oh well, there are still lots of things I CAN do.
ReplyDeleteIf I lived closer I would teach you!
DeleteIt's really cute! I'm definitely spending more time on IG then I am blogging- it is just so much quicker but yes, it warms the heart more!!!
ReplyDeleteI am always so impressed that you blog so often!
Delete