Thursday, 25 March 2010

Another trip to the Doctor's, more antibiotics and hopefully this chest infection that has been hanging around for the last 4 weeks will go. Everyone tells me that I am doing too much and must rest. I just can't bring myself to do it - I always have to be doing something. Anyway, this morning I decided to do nothing (after I have put the washing on, tidied the kitchen, unloaded the dishwasher and hoovered...). I was given this DVD for Mother's Day:

So I made myself a cup of tea and sat down and watched it (obviously knitting at the same time). It was a lovely film and I really enjoyed it, it almost made me want to cook, but not quite.
Just as the film finished there was a knock on the door. First thing that went through my mind is Dear Husband has been buying more tyres from Ebay (don't ask!).
But no...My swap gift from Gill had arrived. My heart was beating like mad with excitement, but I couldn't rush - I needed to take photos for you!

I have received what I can only describe as the prettiest notice board that I have ever seen, a gorgeous knitted corsage, a lavender Stanley, a floral book mark (this will go very nicely with a book I have just started to read), a french Easter card and some cute floral tags. I feel so lucky, my gifts are wonderful. Dearest Gill, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Jille x

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better. what lovely goodies you received, that pin board is beautiful.

    Take care

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jille
    I'm so pleased you like your goodies, I certainly enjoyed making them. I got the fabric from my local craft shop, but I think I may have seen the same at Hobbycraft, if you have one anywhere near you.

    I've been to the Country Living Fair in London today and I've come back with lots more ideas. It is really good to see so many 'crafty' people about.
    Regards
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful swap parcel and I haven't seen that film, I will have to add it ot my watch list... I watched Chocolat a couple of days a go and I loved it... not what I expected at all... plus Johnny Depp playing a normal person role with a slight irish twang in hsi voice... very nice! lol

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!