Tuesday, 5 March 2013

A good day...

Hubby is a little better, I've dressed his wound and kept him fed, watered and pain killered to the hilt. I can tell by his colour when the pain killers are beginning to wear off. Despite my nursing duties I have managed a couple of projects that quite frankly have been screaming to be done. Well I needed to be in the same room as him and I needed to do a little more than just watch him breathe (something which I did a lot of through the night!) I put my sewing machine in the living room and got sewing.
I have made a curtain for the glass panel at the side of the front door.
For my own sanity I needed something to hide the clutter! My basket near the door is full of wellies - that is their winter residence because we have to go to the field and it is very muddy!
I took a pair of curtains down from the girl's bedroom.  They were Laura Ashley tab tops but they had started to wear through, so I decided to cut of the tabs and fit header tape.  After looking at them with a slightly more critical eye, there is some fading along the edges.  I have removed the lining and cut them to size and a curtain to fit the front of my washstand. I still have two side pieces to do but it looks a lot better than it did.
Finally I have completed my patchwork cushion.  I have used a red velvet which was a roll end so was very cheap.  I couldn't decide what to use as a backing and when I saw the velvet I snapped it up! It was just the right shade of red. I even put a zip in my cushion. 
 I even have enough velvet to make another. I just need to find more motivation...

5 comments:

  1. Gosh! Woman on a mission! :)

    Lots of love to your Hub and to you...don't wear yourself out!

    I'm on to my next lot of Hexies!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the hexagon cushion. Gorgeous choice of colours. And what a brilliant idea to hide the horrid wellies.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy girl hope hubby i getting better by the hour, I love the curtains that hide the clutter, and and I am loving the cat widget ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy. I like all your projects..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've achieved a lot of useful crafting items! Hope Hubby (and you!) are holding up ok!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!