Friday, 15 March 2013


I had some lovely gifts for Mother's Day and I didn't need to drop too many hints this year. I pointed my children in the direction of a little antiques shop that I know. It's one of those that has lots of people selling lots of different things. I'm a big fan of eclectic! These are the bits that they chose...



This is an old cardboard box that once had chocolates in.


When I opened it, it was full of buttons. I do have a great deal of love for buttons and especially old ones. It stems from my childhood and sprotting through my Nan's button tin. Happy, happy memories.


These were my favourites...


These ones still had thread attached, I wondered about their previous life...


I do love my family and my buttons...


That's a lot of love!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope my Grandaughter remembers that I let her rifle through my button jar. Lovely gifts for a lovely Mum. How's the patient doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun gift. Hints don't work well with my kids I need to spell it out for them....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you liked them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!