First of all I sketched out my design.
I was going to paint it with watercolours but quite honestly I had no motivation to do so. So I looked through my crafty bits and found some papers that I liked...
I decided to tear the shapes from the papers as you can get quite a nice effect. After fiddling and faffing I changed the shape of my chick until I was happy. I glued my shapes onto the background and drew around the shapes with a fine black liner pen.
I then scanned my collage onto the computer and added some words. I printed them out multiple times and cut them out ready to stick to some card blanks.
I couldn't just leave it there because it lacked something. So at 10 o'clock tonight I have found myself sewing around the edges of the cards and now I'm happy! In fact I really am rather chuffed!
They are such cute little things, why they even lined up whilst they were waiting! ;-)
Love the cards! They are fab.
ReplyDeleteM xxx
Wow, it would take me ages to make one of those, and you've made enough for a who;e class, brilliant.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy the Easter break.
Joy xx
Oh Jill, they are fabulous. Yup, agree the sewing round the edge makes them even more fabulous. Xx
ReplyDeleteThey're fab and much nicer than shop boughtxx have a happy last day of term xx
ReplyDeleteThey look really fantastic Jillie, great idea x
ReplyDeleteI'm not surprised that you are chuffed. These are so sweet. And quite a bit of work to by the sound of it. I'm sure that anybody would be delighted to receive such a cute little birdie.
ReplyDeleteRosie xx
Those are adorable. Great idea to make one and scan it. Now you have me wanting to go tear some paper and see what I can make.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous! Lucky students! I don't think I am that dedicated to my kids!x
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet card - I bet you could sell those!
ReplyDeletethese are so lovely!
ReplyDelete