I've had this pretty embroidered runner for ages. Despite washing it there are still a few stains that have proven impossible to remove. I knew that to make it useable it would somehow need to be repurposed into something else. I was reluctant to cut it up at first just in case it was ruined, but I also knew that I would never use it, in the current state.
I chose the bits that I liked and drew around my template. I made my templates from acetate so that I could find the best position for the shape.
I didn't like the brown embroidery so I unpicked it. A hot, steamy iron soon removed the little holes that were left.
I will return with part 2 when I can upload some more photos...

fear of ruining something is what keeps me from starting a lot of my projects. I can't wait to see what you've done with this. From the picture on the cover of that book I know it's going to be something cute
ReplyDeleteOoh I'm excited now. How dare you keep us in suspense! xx
ReplyDelete