Wednesday, 3 April 2013

I'd like to introduce you to my Great Grandmother, she is pictured here on her wedding day. I remember her teaching me how to crochet a chain. I also remember her giving me a bone crochet hook which has gotten lost over the years. I was five and it was in my Nan's (her daughter's) kitchen. It's only taken me forty years to finally produce something other than a chain! I can't show my creation at the moment because it is a swap gift, but I will show you very soon.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get to meet my great Grandmother let alone my Great Grandmother, you are so lucky and the fact she passed a skill on it you is a lovely gift, we always remember who taught us things like this.

    Can't wait to see what you have crocheted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture and wonderful memories too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture of your great grandmother. I don't recall if mine did any crafting of any kind but I know my grandmother (her daughter) did a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee Hee! I know.
    I look forward to it!
    Did you get mine?
    Hope you had a lovely time in Wales.
    You great Granny was lovely to look at.
    xx Alex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!