Thursday, 18 April 2013

Terrible wind and not a baked bean in sight

The very windy wather has lifted the goose house and tipped it on its side. It was torn cleanly from the base. It also flattened the turkey pen although the pen had been resurrected by the time this photo had been taken.  I'm obviously not a true blogger as taking a snapshot was not the first thing that crossed my mind. I'm not sure if the shock of the house and fence clattering about gave one of the turkeys a heart attack as one had died this morning. It's always sad to lose lifestock, but unfortunately where there's livestock there's deadstock.  It never gets any easier to find that one of them has died.

All housing and fencing is upright at the moment so I'm certainly hoping the worst of the stormy weather has passed now. The flooring has not been reattached as that is a job for the weekend.  Seeing the house on its side I didn't think that we would be able to use it again but thankfully we can.

Just an update from the other day, I have found my swap gift.  I must say the place that I put it really was very safe.  I put it inside of the attic room of a doll's house that I am building.  Who'd have thought it? Sometimes even I wonder what goes on in my head! Whilst searching I found some Easter chocolates that I'd bought to do a hunt.  I've put them back so that if I ever read this blog post, I'll go searching for them again!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that is awful. So sorry - was your house okay? I hope. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that must have been some wind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!