Thursday, 19 December 2013

Is it me or is it hot here?

As you will know if you have caught up with my blog recently my blood pressure is well, a tad on the high side shall we say. My last appointment with the Dr saw my medication doubled to reduce it. It was coming down nicely, still high but nonetheless moving in the right direction.  Then I started with a band of rash around my middle. It looked like shingles after consulting with the fountain of all knowledge commonly  known as Dr Google. Except unlike shingles it continued to spread and spread. Before I knew it, from my midriff (which I'm not kidding is considerable) upwards, I looked like I'd been boiled alive. My skin is burning hot, bright red and bumpy. So not shingles at all but an allergic reaction to my new bp meds. Happy days! So if you wonder where I am, I'll be itching and not stitching...

8 comments:

  1. Dear Jille
    You are going through it at the moment! Hopefully the GP will be able to put you on a different and less allergic medication? Just before Christmas too - life is just not helpful sometimes!
    I hope you get it sorted so that you can enjoy Christmas.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your problems, Jille, hope you'll be properly on the mend soon x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Poor you! Hope the doctors can sort you out pronto. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Jillie you poor thing. I had a similar one to the last meds my Dr gave me. I hope you feel better soon Melanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jille poor you but I did laugh at your itching not stitching part!! Hopefully things will settle down very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jillie this is just horrid for you and so uncomfortable I really hope that it clears very soon. Take care Lovely and thank you a thousand times for my lovely gifts, I am overwhelmed as they are all so lovely. Just writing up my blog now. Big hugs and hope the itching stops very very soon.
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. not that an allergic reaction is any fun but thank goodness it's not shingles. I hope they get your meds all figured out and have you back in tip top shape soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no Jille! That's horrid! Itching is just the pits, isn't it! You can get rid of pain with painkillers but itches...? Sending hugs!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!