I have been struggling with clothes mountain for a while. Occasionally I almost beat it but in the main I had completely lost the battle. However this weekend, due to a broken car and absolutely no money, clothes mountain was tackled in earnest and this time I was triumphant! Oh yes, I am quite sure that I developed an aura and most definitely had a 'she's on top of her clothes situation' swagger. I am also convinced that people were beginning to look at me with envy just knowing that my wash basket is empty and all the clothes are in wardrobes or drawers.
This morning I scooped up the clothes to wash and was feeling very pleased with myself. Imagine my horror when I discovered this laying there taunting me...
Thursday, 8 May 2014
I've lost it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know how lots of people are always wanting to know the "secret to happiness?" Well, I firmly believe that it is found and the bottom of the laundry hamper, and is just as fleeting as an empty hamper. I swear my husband gets home from work just after I've done the last load, and changes out of uniform (Army) and throws his tee-shirt and socks in the hamper.
ReplyDeleteI truly believe you have discovered the meaning of happiness. I had only a brief glimpse! Doh!
DeleteNooooo, the phantom sock! AHrgh!!!x
ReplyDeleteI may never fully recover! X
DeleteAlways the way isn't it, thanks for the reminder. I have a particularly large pile of dry washing to put away. Not that the basket will remain empty as it is the weekend.
ReplyDeleteI am determined to get to the bottom of it again! Good luck with yours too!
DeleteHe he! Why are there always a few stray socks? I currently have 3 socks who have still not found their partner. How does this happen when they go in the wash in pairs??!!!
ReplyDeleteI know that "I am on top of the laundry" feeling. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Mandy x
My children are very happy to wear odd socks so I constantly fight a losing battle! This weekend is cut off - any socks without a matching friend will meet their end :-(
DeleteLOL, this is too funny. Those darn socks
ReplyDeleteYes indeed! I was so enjoying my new found swagger too!
ReplyDelete