Monday, 5 April 2010

Dear Dad,
Happy Birthday Dad! It was a better birthday last year when we were all together full of hope. It has been a difficult year without you. At the beginning I was very angry that the sun still rose and the birds were still singing.They make me smile now because they are the things that you loved. I think about you every day, but my memories are not making me cry like they used to. I'm sad that we can't share the day together, although we will in my heart. I love you Dad.
Jill x

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your Dad today.

    It's my hubby's birthday today; he lost his dad a couple of years ago and still misses him like mad.

    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive got 2 of those lanterns that you light and they float up into the sky. hope dad likes them. claire x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, just popped by to say hello and I'm sorry for your lossx My dad died just a couple of months ago, so I know its not easy. I just wanted to say thankyou for following my blog and I'm looking forward to reading yoursx(((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aahhhh...what a wonderful tribute to your Dad. Your love for him is so evident! What a blessing.

    Thank you for visiting my blog. Your name is in the Give-Away Hat. :)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jillie, I too know how difficult it is to lose a loved one. Thanks for following my blog. I hope it makes you smile! SueXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you mum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!