I have been an idiot! On Thursday I took two very large bin bags full of clothes to a charity shop. Good job done I thought. All was well with the world.This morning I found one of the bags that I thought I had taken...
Instead of taking a bag of clothes, I had picked up by mistake a bin bag full of curtains that were waiting to be hung up after the new double glazing was fitted. I couldn't blame anyone bar myself. Devastation is an understatement - there were five pairs of curtains in that bag, two pairs of which were Laura Ashley.
This story does have a happy ending because when I phoned the CS they had not sorted the bag and so when I described it they found it and kept it for me.
I have learned a valuable lesson today, to stop hoarding stuff and to stop procrastinating - get the job done straight away!!
sounds like a lucky escape, but everso funny cos i wasn't me!!! and every time you look at you curtains all hanging nicely on your new windows you're think of this and laugh!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nightmare! Thought you were going to say you'd taken a bin bag of rubbish by mistake! Not sure which would be worse... thank goodness you rescued the curtains. I still can't bring myself to throw any clothes away in case I want them for their material so well done on decluttering. Hope you're enjoying the sunshine xox
ReplyDeleteIm always terrified of doing that and end up tearing bags apart in the boot of the car just in case.
ReplyDeleteJust a thought, you could have read of someone posting a blog about their bargain c s curtains :)
What luck they still had the bag - that could have been a very expensive mistake!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a fab day! Great pics! Unfortunately I work weekends but I do work for Laura Ashley so its not too painful!!!! Hope you have a lovely week.xxxxxxx
ReplyDelete