Wednesday, 16 January 2013

A Woolly Wednesday!

I've just done a spot of knitting.  I checked the internet for something suitable and I finally found this booklet amongst my patterns.  I'm not sure of the date of it but it would have cost 30p so it'll be from a little while back!
Yellow is the favourite colour of one of the boys in my class.  So I have spent a couple of evenings knitting away.  It is his party on Saturday so I shall give him this hat as a gift.  I know he'll love it and it'll be warm and cosy! This will be especially welcomed during this cold spell that we are having at the moment.
I still haven't quite finished the knitted holly wreath but I'm struggling to find a base locally. Still I have plenty of other projects to be getting on with...

4 comments:

  1. Aww I bet he'll look so cute in his little yellow hat :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellow too. In fact I'm wearing my new yellow scarf and gloves today - NOT handknitted by moi unlike your lovely yellow hat. I'm sure your little boy will be very pleased with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say the pattern is from the 70's because it in pence but it's a great looking patterns, the hat is so cheerful just what is needed in the grey days of winter, I am sure he will love his present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking hat. I never could get the hang of knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!