Before Christmas I ran a workshop to make a gingerbread garland. Here is the tutorial...
You will need:
wooden gingerbread man - I bought mine from Ebay
Brown/black/red/white paint
fabric
felt
twine
raffia
buttons
Paint the gingerbread man, Firstly painting the edges. Set aside to dry.
Use a piece of scrap paper to make yourself a heart template. The size should be something that would look good with the size of the gingerbread man.
Pin the template to the fabric and cut out four.
Cut out two smaller felt hearts. The felt is used to give the hearts a bit more stiffness.
You will be sewing on the right side of the fabric so you need to make yourself a `felt sandwich`. Use a small running stitch.
Paint the other side of the gingerbread man. Set aside to dry. Now might be a good time to have a cup of tea!
Decorate the gingerbread man so that it looks cute!
Thread the twine through the gingerbread man and make sure that he is in the middle. Place both of the hearts a similar distance from the ginger. Turn over and sew the twine to the back of the hearts.
Make yourself two traffics bows. Sew a button onto the middle of the bows then stitch onto the top of the heart.
This is your garland make it your own by embellishing as you wish. Stand back and admire your handiwork! I tied a knot at each end for hanging. Although this workshop was a Christmas one remember a ginger is for life not just Christmas!
Hi Jille, Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment. It will be good to get back to blogging and catching up with everyone.
ReplyDeletePixiedust x
Thats fab jillie, looks really good. Maria :)
ReplyDeleteHi Jillie,
ReplyDeleteMy names Victoria and I have been paired with you in all4meggymoo's heart swap. I look forward to getting to know you! My email is kidstonstyle@hotmail.co.uk
Victoria xx
That is really cute. I'm going to pin this so I don't forget.
ReplyDeleteVery cute!!!! Nice to get an insight into how my gingerbread man brooch was made!x
ReplyDeleteHi Jille just exploring your blog - I love your gingerbread man (I have a gingerbread teapot/set) lovely idea. Betty
ReplyDelete