Thursday, 17 January 2013

Thankful Thursday

Reasons to be thankful...
Although I am a little wary of driving in bad weather this morning just seemed the best of both worlds. The minus temperatures have left both the hedges and trees spiky with the frost, and yet the roads were clear.  It was like driving through a winter wonderland and I get help but get excited with this amazingly beautiful time of year.
Owing to the nature of my job I often have the privilege of working with many skilled and fantastic people.  When I arrived at work this morning I was greeted with with a gift from one of these amazing ladies who thought of me when she was doing her grocery shop and bought me this...
This evening I have dined with another two of these amazing ladies.  It was so lovely to catch up with these two special ladies who I feel honoured to call my friends.
This evening the pipes have frozen and I have had to some handwashing so that my daughter has some clean clothes for tomorrow.  Whilst I often ridicule my children for the inadequate underwear that they wear, I must say when it comes to handwashing there is so little fabric to wash, they are done in an instant! ;-)

Some days it's easy to be thankful.

2 comments:

  1. It really is the little things that make for a great day isn't it? :)What a nice surprise when you got to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get that mag anywhere. It's obviously very popular!Loving your icy pics. Wales seems to have come off worst with the snow. It's a bloomin' nuisance here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!