Thursday, 11 April 2013

Mmmmmm food

We have got to to know some lovely people through our small holding. Don is an amazing 79 years young and thinks nothing of climbing the ladder to put the felt on the sheds! His wife Janet is an amazing cook. Last week when we went to Melton market I brought them back a pork pie. Melton Mowbray is the home of the pork pie (and stilton cheese but no one else was excited about this bar me!) so it was kind of essential to buy one. Well actually two.  I also bought one for Don and Janet as they are so lovely and good to us. The next day Janet had  baked the biggest egg custard that I have ever seen! It was still warm.


It didn't last long...
Don and Janet are such a wealth of information that we are so lucky to have met them. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you met some new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, hurrah for homemade items (and pies!)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what a pork pie is but that egg custard sure looks good

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!