It was the jumble sale today. No 4 and I didn't get there as early as we would have liked because the geese were causing trouble!
Once there we quickly sorted through the bags and everything was ready for the public. Huge amounts of 'stuff' gets donated every month. I purposely didn't bag any bargains as quite honestly it's time to declutter! However many people did. People queue onto the road to buy their bargains and the hall fills very quickly. Within forty five minutes the crowds disperse and the calmness returns...until the next time.
I was at a jumble today too but since I've also been decluttering/freecycling, there didn't seem much point in buying anything except books.....oh and one of those round cane pouffee things, because, after all, I really needed it!lol x
ReplyDeleteI think we all need a pouffee thing in our lives. So pleased that you have one now xx
DeleteI've never been to one!! X
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness you really need to go! We sell all our clothes at 20p each that includes all the ones that have labels still attached. We also sell books, shoes, handbags, toys, small bric-a-brac and large bric-a-brac! Lots of bargains to be had if you don't mind a little bit of pushing and shoving.
DeleteI love a good old rumble in the jumble!
ReplyDeleteOr a scrummage at the rummage! :-)
ReplyDeleteForgot to tell you....guess how much they wanted for each item of clothing....£2!!!There was lots of grumbling going on and not much selling!
ReplyDeleteThat is shocking! Ours are a bargainous 20p. A whole new outfit for less than a £1!
DeleteHi Jille thanks for popping by. I take it by now we are in the jammies and it's nightcap o'clock. For me, especially in the Winter months 4pm seems a very reasonable time to jam up. These lighter nights I might make it about 8pm but that's late enough.
ReplyDeleteWish we had jumble sales here! Never seem to hear of them now. My wardrobe cull would probably kit out one on its own, but at least the CS is getting some goodies.
Indeed I am and it's not quite warm enough for my cotton ones at the moment! Our jumble is going strong, it's a shame that there are none by you xx
ReplyDelete