I didn't need to line my stomach after all! I had a drink to be sociable and then switched to soft drinks for the rest of the evening. Just as well really as No 1 daughter drank enough for everyone! She thought it a really good idea to drink a large variety of whisky shots. She is apparently never drinking whisky ever again and in true Nanny McPhee style, a wart disappeared as that lesson is learned ;) If only she knew that lesson before she vomited in my 'new to me' car! It was more a half and half vomit as her head was mainly out of the window...
Anyway enough of that. My lovely sister bought me this fab calendar, we both have a love of campers and I am going to enjoy this throughout the year which will remind me of my dream of renovating the old T25 that we ran for 6 years.
I have already done the wreath part. I haven't sewn it up because I think I'm going to get a metal wreath base instead of using the cardboard base that the pattern recommends. If I'm going to the effort of making something, I would like it to have a little more permanency.
I have also made some of the holly leaves, with a couple more having been knit since I took the photo this evening.
Before Christmas I meant to post this message that I received in a Christmas card from the family of one of my students. This message is one of the nicest gifts that I have ever received.

Happy New Year! And keep dreaming about that T25 :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! May all your dreams come true...
ReplyDeleteHey, I really like your blog so I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award. I hope that's okay:)
ReplyDeleteIt's all written here -
http://www.aanditsallaboutme.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
catherine x
LOL, famous last words on the drinking. I believe I've heard my daughter say that a few times too.
ReplyDeleteLove the wreath you're working on. I never could get the hang of knitting