Wednesday, 15 May 2013

A touch of denim

I bought myself a denim skirt from a charity shop. It was one that I hadn't been in before. My skirt was originally from Next.  It only cost £1.50.  How could I resist?

It was in good condition and had two pockets on the back.
 It was too long, but that was okay as I really want to refashion it. Sometimes when you have the urge to craft, why fight it? I've shortened my skirt by about five inches, this still leaves it to just under my knee, which is a respectable length when you're knocking on as my children tell me.
It's still at the pinning stage at the moment,  I do intend to use that floral bias binding on the raw hem as I love it! I also quite like the flowers so those can stay too. They still need a centre, flat or covered button? I'm just not sure. I asked No 1 if she thought it was okay so far, she smiled and said 'It's very you'
Not sure if that is a good thing or not.  I'm not wearing it to school tomorrow so no need to rush it tonight.
Still at the fiddling stage. I like the binding on the pocket although it does mean the rivet would have to be removed - sometimes easier said than done.  I've also just placed different buttons on the centre seam.  My photo records my thoughts if I decide to run with it. Crochet had crossed my mind as an edging, maybe I'll just have to get another skirt...

5 comments:

  1. Jille, it looks awesome! The details are so sweet, especially the trim on the hem and buttons!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab wish I loved wearing skirts! Just a thought how about a ruffled trim on the pocket edges finishing just short if the rivet that way you don't have to remove it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun skirt. I used to have a denim skirt now I wished I would have saved it to do something like this with.
    My daughter has used that "It's you" line before too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all! So cheerful. My favourite bit is the hem and I think edged pockets would be great if you can get those pesky rivets out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!